- plural of roll
- third-person singular of roll
The word roll has these meanings:
- Roll (food)
- A thin flexible solid wound around a centre.
- A list of records, especially of people (see also roster, rotulus, Pipe Rolls):
- Drum roll, a technique employed by percussionists to produce a sustained sound from a drum
- The Legato playing technique for stringed instruments (especially electric guitars)
- Music roll, a form of recording on a paper or other roll
- Piano roll, a music roll used in a player piano
- Bank or roll, an aerobatic manoeuvre (see Aerobatics and flight dynamics)
- The oscillating movement of a vessel from side to side, as distinguished from the alternate rise and fall of bow and stern called pitching. See ship motions and flight dynamics.
- The smooth wheels fitted to a steamroller or road roller